NASHVILLE ─ Summer is nearly here, and Nashville International Airport (BNA) is preparing for a busy travel season. With CMA Music Fest (June 5 – 8) and Bonnaroo (June 12 – 15) occurring on back-to-back weekends again this year, passengers departing from BNA should be prepared for heavy passenger volume and longer security screening lines, especially June 9 through 10 and June 16 and 17.
• Pack smart by knowing what to pack before you depart. Visit www.tsa.gov
• All passengers are encouraged to arrive inside the terminal at least two hours before their scheduled flight.
• Be sure to check your boarding pass before entering the security checkpoint to see if you’ve been selected to participate in TSA Pre✓™ for that particular flight.
• Mobile boarding passes are accepted at BNA. American, Delta, Southwest, United and US Airways passengers at Nashville International Airport can use their smartphones and mobile devices to show their boarding passes for check-in. For more information, contact your airline carrier.
• Airport Service Road
will have a temporary traffic signal installed beginning Friday, May 23, at 9 a.m. to allow for two-way traffic between the Consolidated Services Facility and the Multi-Purpose Building for approximately two weeks during construction. Click here to view on map.
New at BNA
• A TSA Pre✓™ Application Center
is now open at Nashville International Airport. The center is located at the north end of the Ticketing Lobby, between the Frontier Airlines ticketing counter and Wright Travel. Hours of operation are Monday – Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. and closed on the weekends. For more information on TSA Pre✓™, visit www.tsa.gov
• TSA Pre✓™
is available at Nashville International Airport. Passengers who are eligible for TSA Pre✓™ may receive expedited screening benefits at the Main Checkpoint. The two outside lanes of each entrance to the security checkpoint are now designated as TSA Pre✓™ lanes for a total of four TSA Pre-check lanes. Visit www.tsa.gov
for more information.
• Nashville International has two Priority Lanes for select passengers participating in airline frequent flyer programs. The inside lane of each entrance to the security checkpoint is now designated as the Priority Lane and is available for members of the following airline programs:
o Southwest Airlines’ Fly By
o Delta Air Lines’ Sky Priority
o American Airlines’ Priority Access
o United Airlines’ Premier Access
o US Airways’ Preferred Access
o Frontier Airlines’ Summit, Ascent and Classic Plus
Parking at BNA
|Long Term B
|Long Term A
|Short Term Garage
|Frequent Parker Area
• An expanded cellphone/waiting area is available for the convenience of drivers who are meeting passengers. Real-time flight information monitors allow drivers to check the status of incoming flights. To access the cellphone/waiting area, visitors should use the I-40 Donelson Pike Exit 216B.
• Twenty-minute parking spaces are now available in the Short Term Garage. The first 20 minutes in all BNA parking lots are free, but now there are designated 20-minute parking spaces in the Short Term Parking Garage. There are a total of 50 spaces: 14 on Level 1 and 36 on Level 2. All 50 spaces are conveniently located close to the terminal entrance.
• Track airport shuttle buses in real-time.
Download the free TransLōc app for iPhone
or visit bna.transloc.com
to see real-time tracking of all airport parking shuttle buses.
• Parking questions? Contact Central Parking at (615) 275-1045. Shuttle questions? Contact First Transit at (615) 360-8791.
New Air Service
• Southwest Airlines – Additional daily nonstop service to New York LaGuardia
Southwest Airlines now offers three daily nonstop flights to New York LaGuardia (LGA).
• Vacation Express – Nonstop service to Punta Cana
• Vacation Express – Nonstop service to Montego Bay
Upcoming Air Service
• Southwest – Nonstop service to Reagan Washington National Airport (DCA); three daily flights
Southwest will offer nonstop service to Reagan Washington National Airport beginning Aug. 10, with three daily nonstop flights. Departure times: 6:45 a.m., 11:25 a.m. and 4:45 p.m.
• Southwest – Twice daily nonstop service to Dallas Love Field
Southwest will offer two daily nonstop flights to Dallas Love Field beginning Nov. 2, with 9:25 a.m. and 6:15 p.m. departures.
Arts at the Airport