Business Diversity Development
The Office of Business Diversity Development provides the following services:
Small, Minority and Woman-Owned Business Enterprise (SMWBE) Program
Through the SMWBE program, the Airport Authority is charged with promoting, encouraging and stimulating participation of local Small, Minority and Woman-owned Business Enterprises (SMWBE) within the organization and the economic community served; providing maximum opportunities to participate in contracts, programs and all related business activities of the Airport Authority and implementing goals, policies and operational procedures to ensure the objectives of the program.
To be considered for SMWBE certification, a firm must reside within the State of Tennesse.
Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) Program
Through the DBE program, the Airport Authority is charged with ensuring economic participation in contracting opportunities created by FAA financial assistance programs for Disadvantaged Business Enterprises (DBE).
- Serve as a liaison for successful prime contractors and SMWBE/Disadvantaged businesses to provide contracting opportunities to firms historically underutilized in their areas of specialty.
- Serve as the liaison between SMWBE/Disadvantaged businesses and Airport Authority staff.
- Serve as a networking resource for SMWBE/Disadvantaged firms and other governmental agencies.
- Assist SMWBE/Disadvantaged firms in obtaining DBE and SMWBE certifications.
- Manages the SMWBE/DBE/ACDBE programs for the Airport Authority.
- Referral to other certifying agencies.
- Referral to SBA and other governmental agencies for business loan(s), bonding advice, etc.
- Monitors the SMWBE/DBE/ACDBE compliance on locally and federally funded contracts.