Nashville International Airport Breaks Daily Record for
Number of Screened Passengers Three Times in Eight Days
27,419 screened passengers on Monday, Oct. 1
NASHVILLE ─ Three times in the past eight days, Nashville International Airport (BNA) broke single-day records for departing passengers screened through Transportation Security Administration (TSA) security lines. The latest record was set Monday, Oct. 1, with 27,419 passengers screened, a 35 percent increase over the comparable Monday in 2017.
By the numbers:
- Sunday, Sept. 23:
- 25,928 screened passengers, a 14 percent increase from the comparable Sunday in 2017
- 13,686 bags processed, an 11 percent increase from the comparable Sunday in 2017
- Sunday, Sept. 30:
- 26,273 screened passengers, a 23 percent increase from the comparable Sunday in 2017
- 14,093 bags processed, a 17 percent increase from the comparable Sunday in 2017
- Monday, Oct. 1:
- 27,419 screened passengers, a new single-day record and a 35 percent increase from the comparable Monday in 2017
- 13,999 bags processed, a 22 percent increase from the comparable Monday in 2017
On average, approximately 20,000 departing passengers are screened each day at BNA. Having served 14.9 million passengers in Fiscal Year 2018 (July 1, 2017 to June 30, 2018), Nashville International Airport currently hosts 15 airlines and provides nonstop air service to more than 65 destinations.
The Metropolitan Nashville Airport Authority (MNAA) was established in 1970, and owns and operates Nashville International Airport (BNA) and John C. Tune Airport (JWN). With more than 14.9 million passengers visiting each year, Nashville International Airport is one of the fastest growing airport among the top 50 airports in North America. BNA serves 460 daily flights to more than 65 nonstop markets. It is the 33rd busiest airport in the U.S. MNAA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. For more information, please visit flynashville.com. Like us on Facebook at facebook.com/NashvilleInternationalAirport and follow us on Twitter: @Fly_Nashville and Instagram: @FlyNashville. Learn more about BNA Vision, our growth and expansion plan for the airport, at BNAVision.com.